Thursday, September 10, 2015

What is a fad? What is a fashion? What is a classic? Give one example of each. Which do you prefer to spend your money on? Why?


A fad, a fashion, and a classic are completely different terms. A fad is something new in clothing that quickly becomes popular, although it is only for a short period of time. A fashion is a particular style of apparel that is popular at a given time. A classic is a style that remains in fashion for a long time. Personally, I prefer to spend my money on a fashion, which is a style that is currently popular with consumers. One could say I am hopping on "the bandwagon" by purchasing clothing items that a majority of others are already wearing, but I, myself, tend to be more of a trend follower than a trend setter. I feel more comfortable with wearing clothing that I see others wearing because it tends to allow me to feel as if I fit in more with them. Celebrities, magazines, movies, and TV shows are all contributors to the inspiring of others to wear different things. For instance, Kylie Jenner, from "Keeping Up With the Kardashians", is very popular in the celebrity world at the moment. Her clothing choices, as well as the common styles the rest of her family wears, have inspired many, from their makeup routines to their half-calf long, tight skirts. Wearing clothing that was inspired by celebrities or other popular items helps me feel better about my image, especially because when wearing these things, I feel as if I get judged less than if I did not. I do not choose to wear these types of clothing because of the fact I feel as if I fit in, but I wear things for myself because I feel comfortable in it and because I enjoy the way I look.


No comments:

Post a Comment