Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What is your wildest dream? Do you think it is an attainable goal? How could you make it happen? Think about all aspects including breaking it into manageable chunks, education about whatever it is, etc.


My wildest dream is to become a well-known womens Haute-Couture fashion designer. I definitely think I can achieve this desire of mine because I have all of the resources and connections to do so. In order to make this happen, I am starting of by taking this Fashion Design and Textile Art class at SVCTE for the 2015-2016 school year. In addition, I have joined Fashion Club and I am running for the Presidential officer position. The president of the club receives a $6,000 renewable scholarship to FIDM, which happens to be my dream college. If I end up being given the honorable opportunity of being president, I would take lead of the club and turn it into an enjoyable environment for all, and I would use the scholarship to attend FIDM when I graduate. For my senior year, I plan on attending West Valley for Middle College and getting a college level education for my high school classes. After graduating, I plan on going to FIDM no matter what. After FIDM, I would like to possibly go to a community college and take my core classes, then transfer to UCLA and major in business. Because of my family and my connections to fashion designers, company owners, and other resources, I know how to take the path to the top. I wont reveal all my plans, because some are a secret!! Fashion is a huge passion of mine and fashion designing is a dream that I have. I often go to the library or bookstores and read books and biographies on fashion and designers in the fashion industry, modern and historical. I enjoy learning new things and informing myself on interests to keep me motivated throughout time. My goal is to complete this year with this fashion class and Fashion Club, as well as continue to grow in my knowledge and abilities for sewing, designing, and business. This way, I learn the basics to fashion designing while I am still in my youth years and so I am able to improve and take baby steps to reach my ultimate goal. My connections and resources give me incredible opportunities for events and activities that not only benefit me and help me practice my skills, but also gives back to the community and society, such as helping Girl Scouts and participating in clothing drives for the homeless. One of my aunt's friends is a fashion designer for young kid's clothing. She offers to allow me to shadow her, and receive tips and lessons from her as well. Also, I am given the amazing opportunity to be in, and be behind the scenes, to fashion shows. This gives me lots of experience for different events and helps me build my skills as an individual. Skills like these will help me a lot when I am applying for FIDM and contests, as well as other colleges and programs. Setting up small goals and achieving them one at a time in order to reach my overall main goal is an important part of my growth towards success. I will achieve my goals and nothing will stop me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment