Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Read "Standards for Career-Ready Practice,"as set forth by the California Department of Education here. Focusing on the #6 through#9, choose the one from this group that you feel is the most important as you transition into college and career. Why did you choose this one? Can you relate it to something in your own life or something you have observed?

             
Number 7 from "Standards for Career-Ready Practice"Act as a responsible citizen in the workplace and the community, stood out the most to me. When you are working your way up to your dream, you have a lot of responsibilities. It is important to do your assigned tasks and to set a good example for others, such as your boss. The main goal is to show your boss that you a responsible enough to accept any task given by them. By doing so, you get more opportunities. These opportunities may give you, in particular, more experience than others around you. This allows your knowledge to be superior and you will make a excellent appearance and a great first impression when applying for colleges or jobs. In my own life, as I was growing up I always wanted to feel and be treated as if I was older. I wanted to become an adult faster than my body could mature to be such a thing. Unfortunately, my behavior and lack of responsibility reflected that I should not be treated like an adult, since I do not act like one. Of course, I was about 7 or 8 years old then, but you get the idea. The same thing goes for when you are applying to a job or school. If you do not act mature and responsible, nobody will feel comfortable giving you big and serious tasks, in fear you will mess it up. Bosses and co-workers in a job would trust you more if you dressed nice everyday and did a little extra work around the office, then if you wore a stained graphic t-shirt and jeans with tennis shoes while slacking off for hours out of the day. Responsibility is key for anything because without responsibility, there is basically no trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment